CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 24, 2008

An update...

Hi everyone!
I know I haven't posted anything for quite some time. Sorry about that. I realize everyone is sooo busy, especially with all the hospital stays and Utahnas' treatments. I just wanted to update everyone on how things are going here.

Like Nick has posted, he is home FINALLY!!! YAY!!!! It's been so nice having him here and feeling like were a family again. I guess I just get so into my own routine with Amber and the boys, that I didn't really realize how much I missed him. I like having him here. And being married to him! :) Since being home from CA, we've had our fair share of ups and downs. Amber and I have been sick a few different times, which is quite rare for me and hopefully for her as well. We both had an upper respitory infection and were on antibiotics. Nick was pretty sick for the first week he got home. It's something about the time change and all the flying that just wares and tears on his body. PLUS...he's finally able to just relax and so his body lets him know it needs the break. :) Also, our dogs were attacked by a pit bull and protected Amber and I from being attacked. Gotta love them!!!

Nick had to go on that Human Remains mission last week, and actually posted a link to see a video of the plane in Guam. I HIGHLY recommend seeing it. :) he leaves again this week for another mission. This one is a areomed evac mission. It's strange to be doing all these jobs as a boom, but it's a GREAT thing for his career and actually helps with his chances on getting tha scholarship to go to school full time and not be deployed anymore. We're still hoping that works out.

Amber is amazing!!! She is so big now that is has become quite depressing I might add. She is sooo smart and is saying so many words that I haven't even tried teaching her. She has just picked up on them and says them. Her latest one is "Gog"!!! (Dog, for the boys) She also has decided that she'd rather have Nick change her diaper and me play with her while he is, because she grabs a diaper from her pile and hands it to Nick and says "Dada"! Apparently her word for diaper is Dada...which I LOVE!!! She also crawls through out the house saying, "Mama" and "No" and "Dada" and "Hi" and whatever else her little heart desires and she has figured out to say. She is SOOO funny. Anything that she can do to make us laugh or get our attention, she does. Even to the point of her doing something she's not allowed to do and knows that she's not allowed. She will crawl over to the entertainment center and grab onto the tv and say "Mom"...until I look and tell her to "sit on her bum!" She will "sing" as loud as she can to make sure we know that she is still there. She's getting another tooth on the top of her mouth. She's been pretty sad sometimes, but is our little trooper.

As for me, I've been feeling pretty sick this past week. I've had a constant migraine for about 4 days and a headache when the migraine subsides. It's been kinda rough. THis weekend I got pretty sick with a sore throat and achey, crampy legs. I thought it was just the flu, but there's a chance that it might be West Nile Fever. I have a few tests to do, but since it's just the fever and not the virus, I should be able to recover from it on my own, with just meds for the symptoms. Here in ND, it is RIDICULIOUSLY common. 6 out of 10 mosquito bites carry the WNV. I won't have to have a vaccine for it since it's just the fever. Kinda sucks, but I'll survive! Anyway, I love you all. Hope things are going alright with everyone.

I hope you are feeling better Utahna and that your strength retursns soon. And I also hope that little Michael is feeling better and that Dori and Dan don't have to spend anymore time in the hospital for a VERY LONG TIME!!! Good luck with the mission Mom and Garry and know that I'm proud of you for serving so faithfully. I hope works going well for too Cheryl and that you're feeling happy and appreciated. Talk with you all soon. Love you!!!

Love, Crys

1 comments:

Dori and Dan said...

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
LLLLOOOOVVVVEEEEEE
YYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!