CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Happy Conference Day!

Dearest Family,

It was good to talk with each of you & learn how you are doing & what's new in your life. It certainly has it's challenges but we have much to be thankful for. I am listening to the latest church CD called Called to Serve & really enjoying it! The sky is blue with a smattering of clouds all around. Don't think it knows just what it really wants to do outside today! Garry got his hair cut & then went on over to the Mission Valley Stake Center to listen to the Priesthood Session. I'm anxious to know what is being said at this time for us to prepare for. Perhaps it's still the same things since we haven't all mastered the ones they've been saying for so long. I am anxious to really get our food storage squared away. It is a work in progress for at least the 3 month " Must Have" supply (we are on our way with los of canned goods but need to do the wheat, flour & other essentials). We have the 72 hr packs in the house & 1 in each car. Did you guys eat yours today so that you can rotate them & keep them fresh? I must admit I didn't but the weekend isn't over yet!! I heard that a lot of folks do that & it's easier to remember when you did it if it's every Conference.

Well Darlings All - I am going to try to get some more of the Book of Mormon read as I am taking the challenge from our Stake President, Pres. Spring, to re-read the Book of Mormon by our Stake Conference the first weekend of November. I am enjoying it thoroughly once again.

I'm very grateful to my Father in Heaven for each of you & look forward to seeing your smiling faces & dancing eyes once again. I continually keep you in my prayers & my heart. I will forever love to hear "Steal Away" because I can see you skating to it on the old patio & your creative routines!! Love you so!

Heavens Blessing to ya...


Mom

3 comments:

Crys said...

Thanks for posting Mom! It's nice to see someone else on here...other than me! :) I love you! Thanks for all your help and advice. You're the best. Talk to ya later!

Love, Crys

Mom said...

Hey Babe,Thanks for the kind words & the response/comment. I can't sleep & so I'm drinkng a cup of hot apple cider hoping it will help me sleep. I'm gonna be hurtin' in the morning. 5:40 comes way too early for these ole tired bones! Good luck on the computer games with Nick! Hugs to Amber - Mom

Cute pix on your comment...

Dori and Dan said...

We did rotate our food and clothes in our 72 hr. packs. With growing children that is always a necessity. Thanks for the reminder in case we forgot to do it this time. I'm glad to see you've looked more into the 3 month supply of food that is in the "All Is Safely Gathered In" pamphlet. Good luck.

Love-
Dori