CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Everyday Stuff

Well, I'm sorry I haven't been on the blog for a while. I really just haven't had time to get on during the day, and I'm so darn tired at the end of every day. I don't have anything amazing to say, so I'll just tell you a few things I've done lately.

Friday, I went to 2 different awards assemblies at the boys school. (They all have great grades.) Then I went and paid for a Solar Oven we're buying. Then I went and bought a toilet seat that fits onto a 5 gal. bucket, for our emergency preparedness stuff. Then I went back to the school for Elijah's special poster he shared with his class for being the star of the week.

Starting Thurs. until Sat. night, we have 3 other kids staying with us, while their parents are in Maryland. Jo-Jo, who is 6, Nathan, who is 10, and Kylee, who is 13. They've been good. I also watched my friends little 8 mo. old on Thurs. while she moved.

Wed. I cleaned the house pretty good and did about 7 loads of laundry. It's only taken about 2 + years for me to finally figure out how to put fabric softener in our type of washing machine. But, WOW, it makes a difference! I also cooked up 8 lbs. of Taco Meat, then canned it for our 3 mo. supply for taco's. I still need to can a few more jars.

Tue., Dan and I went early to vote. Yea on 102 and 8!!!! I made cupcakes for Elijah's class, for his birthday, chocolate chocolate. Then we made a white on white cake with sprinkles for Isaac's birthday. They both wanted pizza for dinner, so we got Papa John's, (they had a carry out special for 1 lg. for $6.99.)

I can't remember what else I've done past that, without looking at my calendar to remind me. I'm so sad.

Jacob, is now 8 and in scouts and getting baptized on Sat. Elijah, is now 6 and Isaac, is 4. Can't believe Michael will be 1 in a couple of weeks. Amber too.

We look forward to seeing everyone who is able to make it out for Jacob's baptism. And we will miss those of you who can't make it.

Love you!

Dori

2 comments:

Crys said...

Yay!!! Hi there friend. :) Glad to see someone other than me get on the blog. I was beginning to think I had no life...Hope your doing well. You're brave for takin on all those kids. I have a hard enough time with Amber and the dogs :) Hehe Love you!

Love, Crys

Dori and Dan said...

hi crys. just thought i'd post a comment back to let you know i'm still out here. it's late again. I'm exhausted. Oh I just realized I can use the shift key to cap. my letters and I don't have a character limit. hehe. Oh...text msging. has messed me up. Love you!
Love-
Dori