CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Perspective

I've read this scripture before and loved it then. But today I re-read it and it brought comfort to me all over again. Tonight when I was writing about it, I felt like I should put it in our family blog. So...here it is. My favorite part is the end in red.

Alma 7:11-12
"And he shall go forth, suffering pains and
aafflictions and btemptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will ctake upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.

And he will take upon him adeath, that he may bloose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to csuccor his people according to their infirmities."

I love this because it reminds me that regardless of who does or doesn't know either what we are going through or how we feel, the Savior does and he knows how to help us best. (That is how he wanted it.)

I am so grateful that we are family. Friends come and go, (even ones we don't think will,) but despite our differences our family is always there. Thanks. I love you guys!

OK, I'm off my soap box, thanks for letting feel taller for a few moments. Ha, ha, ha. :)

3 comments:

Crys said...

I LOVE IT!!! I haven't heard or read that scripture in such a long time. Kinda has a whole new meaning now. Crazy how that happens?! I love you Dori! I am SOOO grateful that we are sisters. You're the best! Can't wait to see you and your beautiful family. Miss you!

Utahna said...

Great scripture, Dori, and oh! so appropriate! Lucky for us that when we feel overwhelmed and need that "shoulder to cry on" we can always turn to the Lord and give it up to him. (Not, of course, that we can't come running to our sisters for that love and support! I believe that is one reason why He gave us each other as family!) Thanks for sharing that scripture and please feel free to pass any other ones on to us. We know your motivation and know that you love us and care about sharing that love with us! I, too, am sooo glad to have you all as my sisters! And, Mom, YOU as our Mom! And, of course, Dan as our brother and Nick as our brother....Is John logged on here, too, because I want to include him, too, but didn't see his name on the log in place.............oh.... but, I digress! :): Ok, just teasing. It must be time for me to get the lunches made and tuck those two little rascals into bed. We're already an hour past the bedtime and I am feeling punchy! Love you all! xoxoxoxxo --Utahna

Mom said...

Hi Dori!
What a wonderful comment filled with love & sweetness. I agree with what each of yu have said about how fortunate we are to have each other. My greatest blessing throughout my life was having you girls to raise & love & care for. You made me want to be better than I had ever been & I thank you for that. No mother could have had more wonderful daughters to raise & be an inspiration to her. Good luck trying to have as wonderful a family as I had! (Challenge issued!!) However - I think there are some mighty lucky guys out there with some wonderful kids that will also benefit from having you as their wives & parents. I just benefit all the way around!

Much love to you all...

Mom