CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 15, 2008

A blog from Nick...

Hi family,
Since Nick can't get on any of the blogs while he's deployed, I'm gonna post one from him. These pictures are from the Internet; since he can't take pictures while he's deployed. But they're of places he's flown over recently that he REALLY LIKED and was telling me all about this past week. It's Dubai (that's the place I was telling you, Mom and Garry, about and couldn't remember the name). It's a group of man made islands that they are building that is a visual replica of the worlds continents. As you can see! The islands are going to be filled with resorts you can travel to and some are for sell to be used as private islands. Nick jokingly said, he put an offer on a few and is waiting to hear back from the real estate agent. Yeah...like that'll ever happen! He did say that he would love to take us there on a vacation sometime when they are finished. The other picture is of a skyscraper on one of the islands that is going to be condos. Crazy how some people live, huh?! As for me, especially right now, I'd like to stay living in America. But who knows if that's going to happen. You never know...we might be stationed somewhere in Europe or Asia next. Anyway, I found these online and thought they looked amazing and wanted to share them with you. Nick said they look so awesome in person. Almost surreal. But, I hope everyone had a great Fathers' Day and good weekend on top of that. Love you all and look forward to the coming month. Hehe...sooo close! :)

Love, Crys


3 comments:

Dori and Dan said...

That's pretty cool. Thanks for sharing. I'm glad Nick is doing well and that you get to talk to him as often as you do. I know that makes a HUGE difference! :) You know, I don't know how thrilled Dan would be for me to travel out of the country to come and visit you. Not to mention the cost...unless of course Dan got on the PGA and started making some major money. HE! He! Tell Nick hi for us. We look forward to seeing you so soon!!

I got the pictures on CD, so I'm going to try and download them now to put on the computer. Wish me luck.

Love you!
Dori

Dori and Dan said...

That second picture didn't show up at first. But now that I see it, I don't think I would like living there either. TOO HIGH!!

:)
Dori

Utahna said...

Crazy pictures! That skyscraper is too weird. I don't think I would like living there either--way too high for me!
Very unique about the islands looking like continents. I've never seen or heard about them before. I'll have to do some research. :)
Thanks for posting for Nick. Give him our love, too.
Can't wait to see you guys!
Love,
Utahna and Family