CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

PROJECTS AT THE GLENN'S



Okay, apparently it's been to long since I really posted, because my finger hit the enter key before I got to put anything. SORRY!!!

Anyways, I took some pictures of some of the projects we had going on towards the end of the school year. I know kind of lame, but I took them with a blog posting in mind. HE! HE! :o)




This was the Garden box we build for our "Garden". Like always, it was a learning experience. This was the first real garden we tried since living here in Az. We will do some tweaking before next season. Elijah was very excited to pick our 1st Zucchini.

We finally got the trampoline in the ground. It makes it much easier for everyone to get on and off. Plus the HOA doesn't see it, so they can't complain. FYI - the grass is much greener now. The poor grass took a beating during the whole process. I fertilized and reseeded, so it looks much better. I'll have to take another picture.

I bought this 3 ring binder to hold all my "Special Cards", I've been saving over the years. I like to read them periodically and it makes me feel loved. Thank you to each of you, because I have something in there from all of you. Maybe not everyone you've sent, but several of them. :)

After Utahna told me about not drinking the water left in your water bottles that were left in your car. I figured, here in Az., the garage might not be such a great idea either. Especially in the summer time. So I moved some things around in the playroom closet and stacked 3 months worth (for our family). If you watch for the sales, you can often get a case of 24 water bottles between $2.50 - $3.99. Costco is also a great place to get them. Our stake has encouraged us to have "portable" water. (5 gal. jugs can work too.)

This was my project for the playroom. I build this long table to maximize the space. This way we are able to put toy bins or what have you on the ground, and still have a place for them to play on top. Plus it seems to be the perfect height for them.


Here are a few of the projects that helped to keep me busy, since I get so-o-o-o bored with no-th-ing to do. LOL! But honestly, I love doing projects, it helps me to feel a sense of accomplishment. Some how counting the number of diapers I've changed or disputes I've refereed doesn't really do it for me. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE MY JOB AS A MOM!!! But I have to have some hobbies too. Apparently, projects are my thing. :)

Love you! Can't wait to see you all soon!

3 comments:

Dori and Dan said...

BUILT not build. OOPS!! I also noticed a few other typo's. Sorry! Maybe one of my projects should be to proof read things before I send them out. :)

Crys said...

That's so awesome! I love all the projects that you've accomplished. You're so good at that! Hope you're having a great day. I love you!!! See ya soon.

Love ya!
Crys

Utahna said...

Wow, Dori. Thanks for sharing your projects and pictures. I love the idea of the book for cards! Love it! Sure beats my system of putting them in a box of "important papers." Now they are all mixed up with my "important papers with bills and receipts, etc." Not very organized. I'd love to hire you to organize my papers. I'm sure you would do an awesome job of getting me organized!
I love ALL of the projects you've been up to. I think it's awesome! And I'm sure no one thinks you don't love being a mom--but you HAVE to have your outlets, too, to be an even BETTER mom!! Mom's sanity counts huge in the world of familydom!!!

Anyway, I really enjoyed your blog and pictures. As I do of everyone's. I have been so lame in getting on. Being pulled in lots of directions as I make preparations for surgery!!
But I enjoyed catching up and reading everyone's blogs. They make me smile!
I love you all so much!
xoxoxoxo
Utahna