CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Things I'm grateful for:

Hello family,
So...with recent events of this week, I figured I needed to take a few moments to be happy and grateful! So, here's my list:

1. This morning I woke up to a call from Nick!!! Yay...good morning to me!

2. Amber and I are safe from the tornado that came through Grand Forks county.

3. The boys are safe and were AMAZING during the tornado.
(They were quiet and protective. When Amber tried to crawl out of the hall we were
taking shelter in, Jake stood in her way and would not let her leave the hall! He knew...)

4. Nick is safe and in an area where they are friendly to Americans. They are grateful
we're there to help!

5. We have food and food storage. Thank you Dori for ALWAYS encouraging me to be
prepared!

6. All of my sisters are alive and safe!

7. My Mom and step-dad are safe and doing things they need to do to improve their
health.

8. Utahna was smart and strong enough to catch the cancer at an early stage and is taking
necessary, although hard, steps to insure she will be with us for a long time. She is an
amazing woman who is so intelligent, feminine, optimistic and loving to others.

9. Cheryl is compassionate, sensitive, loving, strong, willing, independent and amazing. I
HAVE NEVER MET ANYONE MORE LOVING AND KIND TO ANIMALS!!! What an amazing quality!!!

10. Dori's strength gives me hope. Her willingness to obey inspires me to be a better
person in life and the life to come. Her unwaivering love for her children is amazing!
She has such an ability to make me laugh. I love that!

11. I have the gospel in my life and know that wherever we go, the truth is there and there
are kind people ready and willing to help.

12. My ward and their kindness to us. Especially the Relief Society presidency.

13. Tiffany, my neighbor and friend out here in this "peculiar" (not in the good way) state
of North Dakota.

14. For the sunshine today! No rain or snow...I'll take the wind!

15. My AMAZING niece and nephews. They're all so smart and growing up so fast! I feel like I've missed so much of their life living away from everyone. But I'm grateful for pictures and stories about them. I feel like I'm there...in a way. :)

16. My BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER Amber! She is the most amazing gift that I have ever been given. She brings such joy and happiness to my life. I am SOOO GRATEFUL that I can stay home with her and see all her skills improve everyday. She is growing so fast! I love seeing her smile. It can make the coldest day of the year feel warm! I can't wait to see her sitting on the beach playing with the sand and feeling the water. I am sooo excited!!!


Man...there are so many things to be grateful for. I just have to take the time to sit and think about them. I am so excited to come to San Diego in 3 weeks. I can't wait to see all of you. It's the highlight of my year. I love you all sooo much. I hope you know that! Please don't forget that when times get rough. Life is hard! There is no denying that. But, we are a family and are meant to strengthen each other in our times of need. I am here for everyone! You all mean so much to me. Thank you for being my family and putting up with me all these 24 years. :) I love you!!!

4 comments:

Utahna said...

Crys,
Your email is so humbling and inspiring. Your complimentary and uplifting words warm all of our hearts, I think it's safe to say for everyone. Your belief in me and your praise brought tears to my eyes as I deal with this overwhelming challenge that seems to get harder to deal with everyday instead of easier. I will take your lead and write out a list of things I am grateful for, too. That will certainly remind me of what is important! I love you so much and am SO PROUD of your strength through the challenges you have of being a temporary single mom. It is hard work but your ability to find joy in your daughter and see the bright side of everything is very inspiring and such an admirable quality! I am sooooo looking forward to seeing you and Amber Bamber NOT SOON ENOUGH! Thank you again for this wonderful blog entry that encourages us all to look at the "Big Picture."
I love you and all of my family so much! Thanks for all of your love and support. I know I have it right now.... and I know that I will have it when I need it most in the coming weeks and months. I feel such gratitude for having such an amazing family!
Have a great day, everyone!
Love,
Utahna

Crys said...

Thank you Utahna!
You brought tears to my eyes! Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate it very much and know whatever trials I may be having, they are nothing compared to what you're going through. I pray for you and your family and like you can't wait to see your family Not SOON ENOUGH! I love you!

Love, Crys

Mom said...

You are all such amazing young women that I have had the priviledge to know for 40,36,33 & 24 years now. Your words, Crys, truly are uplifting & filled with a reminder of where we can always be assured to receive the greatest comfort. We have many blessings to count & be thankful for. We never have to look far at another's trials but what we are satisfied to keep our own struggles & work them out. I'm happy for the sunshine for you, Amber & the boys!! So glad that you are safe & out of harms way. Keep smiling & we can hardly wait until we are altogether again soon!

Much love from Garry & Mom

Dori and Dan said...

Where to begin? YOU'RE AWESOME!!!! I love that you stopped and thought about the things you're grateful for. It is amazing how that can really improve your outlook on things and helps strengthen your faith. At least I've noticed that for me. You probably already printed this list off to put some place you can see often or in your journal. List's like these are helpful to see. I appreciate your example of taking the time to do this...and sharing it with all of us. We are so blessed to have you!! You said such sweet things about everyone. But I appreciate your vote of confidence in me to.........make you laugh! :) And to be obedient. We all are trying...what more can we do?! I'm glad you have a ward that is supporting you more now with the nicer weather. With the exception of the Tornado thing. ;) And I am really glad you have Tiffany. And I KNOW YOU ARE A BLESSING TO HER!! And your comment about the "peculiar" people there in North Dakota made me laugh. They're something! :) I loved visiting with you and look forward to seeing you two again soon. Hopefully Utahna will be feeling up to company and some fun. I say, drugs help things to be even better. At least, she'll be funny, and hopefully she won't remember anything annoying we do or at how much we laugh. LOL!!!! I think it's great that we already had something in the works to be together, the timing is perfect. I love you, Crys! Thanks for being my sister and a good example to me. In fact I appreciate all of you and learn from everyone one of you. Thank you!

Love- Dori