CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Just saying Hi!

Well, although I don't have any new pics to post, I just wanted to say Hello to everyone and tell you that I hope your week is going well!  Some good news to share:  First, Tom's Boys Swim Team at La Jolla came in 1st place at the City Conference Finals and his Girl's came in 2nd! They now head tonight to the Semi-Finals for CIF and then CIF Finals on Saturday.  Should be exciting as they have a chance to pull off a win for CIF, too.  I, personally, will be glad when Swim season is over and we only have year-round water polo on the schedule.  I'm so looking forward to summer!

More good news:  In case you didn't hear, Gov. Swartz...Terminator has changed his original budget proposal that was cutting billions from Education and putting my job on the line!  Now, he is proposing another solution (still to be approved by the legislature and the voters of CA) that gives me a better chance of being able to stay doing this particular job instead of being put back in the classroom.  So, that is better news than I had a while back!  I'll keep you posted on more changes that affect me.  (I will say quickly, that I am grateful to have a job regardless--because there are many people that are losing their jobs!  I don't mean to sound greedy--I'm just happy if I get to keep doing what I am doing because I really love it and feel like I make a difference for kids in this position!)

Okay...... enough soap box!  Want to let you all know that I love you!

Happy Thursday!
xoxoxoxoxoxxo
Utahna

3 comments:

Crys said...

Hello my sister!!!
Yay! I'm so glad you posted something. I check the blog a few times a day and there hasn't been any new posts all week. I was getting sick of seeing my comic picture. I'm so glad to hear that things are looking up for you with your job. I know what a difference this job has made for you and I'm really hoping that it stays. Hope you're having a great week too. Congrats to Tom and his teams! Love you!

Crys

Mom said...

Great News all the way around, Utahna! I was going to call & ask if the revised budget fron Ah-nold impacted you. I saw it in the FYI from the new Dist. Supt's. msg. We are hoping it works in your favor, too! Great news re: Tom's teams, too. We'll be pulling for you during the CIF games!

Love to you all,

Garry & Mom

Dori and Dan said...

okay, I just wrote something but my lovely computer did it's thing and erased it. Anyway, I'm glad things are looking better for the job. You seem happier, as a teacher and a person. I'm sure your kids enjoy seeing you more.

Love-
Dori

How did CIF go?