CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Daily Gems!!!

I get "daily gems" from my mother-in-law usually everyday through email. Todays' was really awesome and I thought I'd share it with you all. Love you!!!


Malachi
3:3 says: 'He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver.'


This verse puzzled some women in a Bible study and they wondered what this statement meant about the character and nature of God.



One of the women offered to find out the
process of refining silver and get back to the group at their next Bible Study.

That week, the woman called a silversmith and made an appointment to watch him at work. She did n't mention anything about the reason
for her interest beyond her curiosity about the process of refining
Silver



As she watched the silversmith, he held a piece of silver over the fire
and let it heat up. He explained that in refining silver, one needed to hold the silver in the middle of the fire where the flames were hottest as to burn away all the impurities.


The woman thought about God holding us in such a hot spot; then
she thought again about the verse that says: 'He sits as a refiner and
purifier of silver' ;;; She asked the silversmith if it was true that he had to sit there in front of the fire the whole time the silver was being refined.


The man answered that yes, he not only had to sit there holding the silver, but he had to keep his eyes on the silver the entire time it was in the fire. If the silver was left a moment too long in the flames, it would be destroyed


The woman was silent for a moment Then she asked the silversmith, 'How do you know when the silver is fully refined?'

He smiled at her and answered,
'Oh, that's easy -- when I see my image in it.'


If today you are feeling the heat of the fire, remember that God has his eye on you and will keep watching you until He sees His image in you.

'Life is a coin. You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.'




3 comments:

Dori and Dan said...

Awesome Crys! I get Daily Gems too, but since we started this blog, i hardly get on to the e-mail. I know you can relate to this process. The most interesting thing to me was that if left one moment to long, we would be destroyed. I can testify of that!! :) I'm so glad you posted this! You're the best!

Love- Dori

Mom said...

Hey Babe!

This is awesome & so inspirational. How do you get Daily Gems & from where? I hope to be able to draw upon this the next time I'm in a hot spot! It will bring me thru it with the knowledge I need to reflect His image in all that i try to do. Even when I fail, He's still watching over me & helping me to be the best that I can be. That's such a comfort.

Love ya tons!

Mom

Utahna said...

Loved this, Crys! I think I had heard it before but had forgotten it--so I am grateful for the reminder! Thank you very much! Such an awesome thought that the Lord is ALWAYS there and will never leave our side! Don't know how I'd make it through life without that knowledge and understanding! Helps me through every day!
Love you all!
--Utahna