CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Hi guys! In regards to the identity theft stuff: I found that you should call one of the top credit reporting agencies and report a possible identity theft. I called Equifax at 888-766-0008 and did it right over the phone. They will forward the alert on to the other two, Transunion and something like Exteria or however its spelled. Anyhow, I'm going to be looking into what other things can be done, but thought I'd share that if no one else was aware of it.

c ya!

Cheryl

2 comments:

Utahna said...

Thanks for passing that info. on, Cheryl. I pretty much found out the same info. that you did, however, I made the mistake of putting the "Fraud Alert" on my SS# before I said I wanted a copy of my credit report to check it and now I can't get the copy because it has a "freeze" on it because I put the Fraud Alert on it! There doesn't seem to be anybody you can call and get an immediate response to see if anyone has tried to open credit using your identity in the last few days. The Fraud Alert stops anybody from here on out but doesn't let you know if someone already is using or tried to use your SS#. If you find out anything else on how to get an immediate response, will you please let us know? Thanks again for passing on the info.
--Utahna

Dori and Dan said...

Hey, thanks Cheryl! Last night when Dan signed us up for Lifelock, he spoke with someone there and they're going to send us out a free credit report as of that day, but we won't get that until about 4-6 weeks. But now if anyone tries to run our credit, we will be notified before they can. I appreciate the phone #'s for the credit reporting agency. That's a good idea!
When I was at the book store, I found out they don't carry that CD anymore, you have to special order it. So, if you or Chris get a chance, I'd love to hear it. Thanks! Love you!

Dori