CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Our Family Hike

Dan and I decided that our family needed some family time, without friends. So we decided to go on a hike to Silly Mountain. It was the first hike with all of us. We figured we needed to start finding things that really don't cost that much. :)


This was the beginning of our adventure. Everyone had a buddy. Jacob and Elijah, Dan and Joseph, and Isaac and Michael were with me. Obviously I stepped back to take the picture.

This picture is of me with all the boys when we got to the top. Superstition Mountain is in the back. Everyone still doing great and happy!

Joseph took this picture of Dan, Michael, and I. My boys are getting pretty good at getting us in the pictures. Maybe I'll start having more of me with Dan. :)

And of course, what do all boys do out in the wilderness.......pee. (I hope I don't offend anyone with this picture. I just thought I'd share my boys in all their glory.)

Then we stopped and had the lunches we all carried in. We were in clean-up mode at this point. Yes, Dan used the end of a golf club for his walking stick.


Everyone had a good time. In fact, Joseph and Jacob commented on the way back, that they thought it was going to be boring, but it was fun. That is what every parent wants to hear after they force their children to do something they initially don't want too. We hiked for about 2 hrs. and went about 3 miles. You can only go as fast as the slowest person. :)) Isaac did awesome!!!
I'm not really interested in going hiking until the fall. I just assume leave the snakes be.

Love you guys!

Dori

3 comments:

Mom said...

Oh My Gosh!

You guys are truly the Bomb & inspire us all to do more of this kind of thing. If I could walk better, I'm sure I would be happy to go for hikes, walks, etc. The pictures are soooo good & you all look like the perfect family with a love glowing from your eyes & just happy to be out there in the sunshine! I'm very proud of all the boys for hiking so far & doing so well. I'll bet the lunches really tasted good when the time came. I'm with you when it comes to letting the snakes have their areas. Give me good ole San Diego in all my spoiled glory anytime!! Can hardly wait for the reunion. I need to wrap my arms around each one of you gals with all your family members!

I'm off to try & sleep. Keep us in your prayers please as we do each of you. We need lots of sanity right now!!

Lovingly,

Mom

Crys said...

What great pictures!!! I love that you were all able to go together as a family and enjoy some fresh air. Sure sounds fun! Good job to all your boys for being great hikers! I as does everyone CAN'T WAIT for our family reunion. It's sure gonna be the highlight of my year. Love you!

Crys

Utahna said...

I'm late compared to everyone else's comments but have to add that the boys look adorable and Dan and Dori look great, too! What a fun day and great idea for a FAMILY outing. Cheap, great bonding, building stamina and getting to 'water' those poor plants that needed reviving!!! :) Way to go, Dori! Great job!
Can't wait to see everyone not soon enough! Maybe we could consider an extended family hike to Cowles Mountain when everyone gets here??? Uhhhhh... maybe not!!!! :)
Love you all. Thanks for sharing the great pictures!!
xoxooxoxxooxox Utahna